Comparison chart for best pentax lens for astrophotography 
Top 10 best pentax lens for astrophotography Based on User Rating
- Nano Crystal Coating System (NCS) for increased light transmission and reduced internal reflections
- Fast F2.8 maximum aperture + close-focusing to 9.5 inches = maximum versatility in all shooting conditions
- Optimized for excellent optical quality and true ultra-wide 110 degree edge to edge coverage with APS-C sensor digital cameras
- Utilizes 3 high precision (2 Aspherical + 1 ED) lens elements for superior image quality
- Inner focusing system (IF) – length doesn't change and front element does not rotate – keeps integrated petal-type lens hood properly oriented
- Rokinon Ultra Multi-Coated (UMC) Optics
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 2.6 ft. with fast apertures of f2.0 - f22
- Features 9 diaphragm blades and includes a removable lens hood
- Includes lens pouch, front and rear lens caps, removable lens hood and 1 year Rokinon warranty
- Ultra-wide angle of view on both full frame and APS-C cameras
- Excellent construction and superior build quality for razor sharp images
- Features built-in petal type hood
- Minimum focusing distance of only 0.9 ft.
- Super multi-layer coating to reduce flares and ghost images
- Mounts directly to your Pentax DSLR camera - no additional adaptors required
- Compact and lightweight
- Aspherical type lens provides clear and sharp images
- Aperture Range: F1.4 - 16
- 28.3 degree angle of view
- Ultra wide angle 16mm lens
- Focal Length: 16mm, Minimum Focusing Distance : 7.9 inches (0.2m)
- Large f/2.0 aperture for low light photography and night street shooting, Designed for cameras with cropped APS-C image sensors
- Includes Removable lens hood and takes 77mm filters
- Available for Canon EOS, Nikon, Sony Alpha, Pentax, Micro 4/3, Sony E-Mount, Canon M, Fuji X, and Samsung NX
- In-camera shake reduction (SR): the Pentax digital SLR K Series cameras are equipped with the SR mechanism built into the camera body. Because shake reduction is applied in the camera body, this means that any lens Compatible with the K-Series cameras will benefit from image stabilization.
- Pentax Star series lens: A new-generation, high-performance star-series lens delivering superb imaging quality and exceptional resolving power.
- Hd coating to enhance imaging power: produce high-contrast images with edge-to-edge sharpness and free of flare and ghost images.
- Maximum aperture F2. 8: Since its maximum aperture is fixed at F2. 8 over the entire zoom range, It delivers sharp, bright images, working well even when capturing scenes with Starry Skies.
- All weather (AW): this lens features a Dependable dustproof, weather-resistant structure with eight special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the lens interior.
- Zoom projection and focal adapter: The simple way to astrophotography begins with this projection adapter. Use your standard Ploessl or Kellner 1.25-inch eyepieces for beautiful photos of the Moon and planets.
- This easy to use 1.25" Variable Universal Camera Adapter is designed to attach both camera body and telescope together. Compatible for both reflector and refractor telescopes with 1.25" eyepiece holders. Dual design allows the user to make slight magnification adjustments without having to change telescope eyepieces.
- The 1.25" Variable Universal Camera Adapter is made of black-anodized aluminum, threaded for Standard 1.25inch Astronomy Filters. Projection adapter for 1.25-inch eyepieces of up to 38mm outside diameter, also can be used as a focal adapter with a T2 thread.
- Two adapters in one: The projection and focal adapter consists of two parts - the projection part and the focal adapter. The projection part is used with an eyepiece for achieving a long focal length with small objects, e.g. for individual craters. Use the focal adapter without the use of an eyepiece so employing the focal length of your telescope - for taking photos of the entire Moon, gas nebula or galaxy.
- Zooming into the night sky: Use the sliding rear part of the adapter to zoom - pull out to magnify the image - without needing to change your eyepiece. Connect this adapter to each telescope with a 1.25" eyepiece connection. You can use an eyepiece of any focal length - and you can achieve high-magnification images of lunar craters and planets. All you need is a T2 ring (Not Include) and a suitable camera with a bayonet connector.
- IN CAMERA SHAKE REDUCTION (SR): The PENTAX digital SLR K series cameras are equipped with the SR mechanism built into the camera body; Because shake reduction is applied in the camera body, this means that any lens compatible with the K Series cameras will benefit from image stabilization
- PENTAX STAR SERIES LENS: A new generation, high performance Star series lens delivering superb imaging quality and exceptional resolving power
- PENTAX ORIGINAL LENS COATING: Thanks to PENTAX original lens coating technologies including the latest Aero Bright Coating II that assures exceptionally low reflectance, as well as the high grade HD Coating it produces extra sharp, high contrast images that are free of flare and ghosting
- ALL WEATHER (AW): This lens features a dependable dustproof, weather resistant structure with eight special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the lens interior
- ROUNDED DIAPHRAGM: Nine blade, round shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect up to F2.8 aperture setting
- Lens not Zoomable
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 10.8 inches
- This is the new updated UMC version
- 17 Elements in 12 Groups
- Aperture Rane: F/2.8 - F/25
- Ultra wide-angle 14mm lens with an approximately 90° angle of view using an APS-C camera, for dramatic effects
- Lens has a minimum focusing distance of 0.9' (28 cm) for enhanced close-up shots. Lens includes a built-in petal-type lens hood.Do not soak the lens in water, and avoid water splashing onto the lens
- Maximum Diameter: 3.4”(87mm). Aperture Range: F2.8 to F22
- Focal Length: 14mm. Mounts : Canon: FE14M-C, Nikon AE: FE14AF-N. Pentax K: FE14M-P. Sony α: FE14M-S, Fuji X: FE14M-FX, Samsung NX: FE14M-NX, Sony E: FE14M-E, Four Thirds: FE14M-O, Micro 4/3: FE14M-MFT, Canon AE : AE14M-C
What to Consider Before Buying best pentax lens for astrophotography
When looking to buy best pentax lens for astrophotographythere are a few things you should keep in mind. Here are some important factors to think about before making your purchase:
Realize your requirements
The first step is to figure out what your needs or requirements are. When you not know about your own needs than its most possible to choose the wrong product may it can be a waste of good amount of investment.
Understand Your NeedsThe first step is to understand your demands or requirements. If you aren’t aware of your needs, there’s a big chance you’ll spend a lot of money on the wrong things at the wrong time. So, first and foremost, we recommend that you carefully consider your requirements for a product. Simply create a list of your requirements. This simple activity will assist you in simplifying your purchasing experience. Then you will be able to know your prioroties which is the most important thing.
Budget Vs PriceBefore you go for buying anything, one thing you must think about is budget. Any amount can be set on the price tag of your desired product. That depends on different expences like raw material purchasing, manufacturing, transportation, operational costs and their brand value playes a huge role there. When you demand for a higher quality product, you should be prepared enough to spent that level of bucks. That’s why budget matters so much. And this universal truth is effective for your best item as well. You may heard this popular sayings, “Cut your coat, according to your cloth”. Make a search on the internet and find those products first whom you really need. Analyze their prices and features thoroughly.Now you need to accumulate those information and make a proper comparison which will help you to choose the best one. The biggest question may come to your mind at this point which is your pocket is ready to spent such amount of money to buy this best or not. Without any hesitation, go for it if the answer is yes. But if not, then remember, you always have the second best option to choose yet.
Select the Correct BrandMost of the time, we are biased toward certain brands due to emotional attachments. This practice has a positive impact on some people and has a negative impact on others. However, there is no way to argue with the concept of relying on well-known brands. After having enough money in your pocket its going to half way easy to make decision of purchasing. But one thing remains, if you are not 100% sure that your brand of choice makes the best product that you are seeking for. As a result, you must exercise extreme caution when determining whether or not you are selecting the appropriate brand for your specific product. People are classified into two categories. One is completely reliant on a specific brand, while the other is unconcerned. What he requires is the right product for the amount he is paying. The category that you belong maybe unknown to us.Don’t worry here you will get few hints which will be beneficial for choosing the best product from the right brands.
- You must be well-versed on the brand.
- What others are saying about this brand.
- Try to calculate the avarage rating score of your choosing products of that brand.
- Contrast the features with those of competitors.
- Are those features sufficient for your needs?